Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Do you Hate Having to Rush to Get Ready for Open House?

Problem:
    Our Spring Open house comes late in the year and often right around testing when teachers are taking down displays or covering them up. It's always a mad rush to get the room ready with student work. I like to have a portfolio of work that students can take home and this is how I do it.

Solution:
I created a 9x16 construction paper spiral bound book with each child having about 10-12 pages in their book that are size 9x12. In Sept. I photograph each child and add it to the bottom of the large page. This will always be on display. Everytime we do a project it goes on a blank page. I have stick on hooks on all my cabinets and I hang them using binder clips. As it gets close to Open House if there are still blank pages I have photos printed for students to add to their book making it like a scrapbook. This works out well because you always have a student that missed a project or came late in the year. You are adding as you go through out the year so no big rush to get it done. You can even prep the portfolios in June for the following year. Here are some photos. I pick a color scheme to go with that year's color. It is also nice for other teachers coming in to see photos of students.




No comments:

Post a Comment