Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

My Best Idea Ever!

My Best Idea Ever!

       I figured out a way to pre-teach, teach and re-teach without actually doing any direct teaching! It's a great way to maximize every minute of student learning with no extra work for you.  If you have a smart board or Promethean board, it can be working for you even when you are not actually using it.

       What I do is use the slideshow background feature on the desktop of my computer and project it onto my Promethean board. I do this while I am running small groups or working with individual students. I have compiled hundreds of photos of the following:

 Anchor charts from Pinterest

 Inspirational Quotes

 Character Counts

 Funny photos

 Grammar mistakes

 Educational cartoons

 Class rules

 And More!

       I set up these photos in a file that shuffles on my desktop background.(PC instructions included)  I control how often it stays up. I find 3 minutes per slide works best, engaging but not disruptive to seatwork.  The best part is that students never know what is going to appear next. Having an occasional humorous photo or cartoon keeps the students' interest. If it were just a rotation of educational anchor charts, students would just tune them out like they do bulletin boards. They love it so much that I have to make sure to turn it off when I’m teaching!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment