Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

My Classroom Must Haves





This is my Top 10 List of Must Haves for the Classroom!
1. Name Tags:
My purpose is not really to identify the student but have a learning resource available for the students. I prefer the ones that have the cursive alphabet, place value, multiplication chart and if I can get a hundreds chart too that's really great. I find they last a long time and are used by the students.
2. Mr. Sketch Markers
These smelly markers are long lasting , vibrant smelly markers that I use for my anchor charts.
No student use allowed!
3. Crayola 10 Pack Markers For $1 Dollar. 
I buy a class set when they go on sale for $1. My school doesn't provide them and students will often bring their own and donate them at the end of the year. I refresh every other year.
4. Colored Pencils:
I also buy when they go on sale for $1 and buy every other year.
5. Extra Long Pencil Boxes:
I like the desks to look neat and require students to use my pencil boxes that are about 18 inches long. I reuse them and hope to only replace about 10 a year. They go on sale for less than $2 if you watch the ads. This is my third year using them and I've only has to replace 1-2 a year. Magic Eraser will get them clean including permanent marker.
6. $1 scissors
I buy 5-10 a year, I've never had the Fiskers brand break.
7. Black & color Sharpie markers
I get a class set of black fine point from Costco and ask for donations of color and ultra fine. I keep these for special projects. Students are not allowed to keep them in their desk.
8. Painters tape
I use it to make frames on student work I put in the windows
9. Fabric
I go to Walmart and get fabric for my bulletin boards. I can relate it to my theme, fold it up and put it away til the next year. 
10. Erin Condrin Custom Plan Book
I bought a beautiful custom plan book from ErinCondrin.com not cheap but look for coupons. 
Hope that helps you think about what you need to get for back to school!
(Reposted from my previous blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment